Volumizing and Time Saving Dry Shampoo
Sometimes there are days you just don’t want to or have time to wash your hair. Regardless of the reason, in these moments, dry shampoo can be your savior if you know what to look for and how to properly use it.
What to look for in a dry shampoo
Dry shampoo is a substance that comes in a variety of forms, including powder and spray. Most hair product companies have begun to make dry shampoo, so it’s difficult to know which ones are worthy of your time and money. The main things you want to consider when choosing your dry shampoo are some of the following:
- Pleasant scent that is not overpowering
- Should not have a real thick look to it when you put it in your hair
- Talc free to avoid flake residue
- Should soak up the oil from hair and scalp
- Adds volume and bounce
Tips on using dry shampoo
Though dry shampoo can save you some significant time in your typical hair routine, there are proper techniques to using the product to receive the full benefits and effects.
Some tips on getting the best use from dry shampoo:
- Spray on the roots of your hair to help soak up any natural oil. Your hair will naturally start to get oily at the roots first.
- Let it set for a minute in your hair.
- Massage with your fingertips throughout your hair to make sure the product is worked into your hair. You may still be able to see residue of dry shampoo in your hair at this time.
- Run a brush thru your hair and you will notice the oil in your hair has disappeared and the product should no longer be visible.
Benefits of dry shampoo
Dry shampoo products are great when you prefer not to wash your hair as often. In addition to simply not having the time to fully wash and condition your hair daily, it could be because you have extensions or you use chemical products on your hair. Not using water and harsh shampoos on your hair will help keep expensive hair treatments lasting longer. Regardless of the reason, visiting your local drug store or favorite salon for some dry shampoo will help you make it through another day and still have beautiful hair.
If you’re considering a dry shampoo, check out http://www.reviews.com/dry-shampoo/. They look at over 50 dry shampoo brands, comparing them and making recommendations for the best dry shampoo for you.